Sign up for the Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop!
The Percussive Arts Society International Convention (PASIC) – Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop is a 5-hour workshop providing facilitators at any level – beginner to advanced – the opportunity to enhance their facilitation skills by learning from a world-renowned drum circle facilitator.
2021 Facilitator: Jim Donovan
Jim Donovan M.Ed., is a professional musician, trainer and an Assistant Professor at Saint Francis University.
His TEDx Talk “How to Trick Your Brain Into Falling Asleep” has been viewed nearly 5 million times to date.
His mission is to share the healing power of music through education and performance. He specializes in placing music and wellness programs in organizations who focus on people with disabilities and people recovering from addiction.
Since 1999, Jim has led 3000+ events of all shapes and sizes – including training courses, university classes, corporate team building, conference presentations, and retreats.
Donovan was voted “Drum Circle Facilitator of the Year” by the readers of Drum! magazine. He holds a Masters in Educational Leadership from Saint Francis University and a BA in classical music performance from the University of Pittsburgh.
Donovan performs with his band Sun King Warriors and was a founding member of the multi-platinum band Rusted Root. There he co-wrote the song “Send Me on My Way” featured in the movies “Ice Age”, “Matilda” and the Netflix Film “Holiday in the Wild”.
It also became the first song on Mars where it “woke up” NASA’s Mars Rover.
About the Workshop
Learn to Lead Your Own Transformational Drum Circles & Wellness Events
WHAT IS DRUM CIRCLE LEADERSHIP?
Drum Circle Leadership is a system created by Jim Donovan M.Ed. designed to show you how to create and lead your own transformational drum circles. This 5 hour training is for anyone interested in learning Drum Circle Leadership techniques, games and methods in a way that works with your own ability.
The goal is to shorten your path to leading meaningful and successful drum circles.
- Foundation Skills: During the Drum Circle Leadership Foundation Training, you will discover how to create and lead your own transformational drum circles. You will learn enjoyable techniques, games and methods in a way that works with your own ability. Beginners are warmly welcomed. There are no prerequisites for this training.
- Creative Group Music Making: Have fun learning to effectively get groups of people making great music together with our unique Rhythm Seeds music making protocol. Find out how to inspire collaboration, engage challenging groups and how to connect people with a variety of social drum circle games. Inspire your group to make their own musical creations.
- Practice & Support: Discover how to create “fail-proof” drum circles with a supportive group of peers. Get the practice and feedback you need to be confident leading your groups. Graduates receive access to our private DCL Facebook network to ask questions, get ideas and offer support to others. Get 5 contact hours, a Certificate of Completion, and an electronic version of the 300 page DCL manual.
- Skill Refinement: Build upon your existing skills in a way that will expand and refine your craft. At this training you will learn a wide range of new DCL techniques and have opportunities to refine what you do in the circle, in your communication and in small group practice sessions.
- Focus on Stress and Wellness Activities: It’s no secret that many people are suffering from anxiety and stress. This training includes in-depth methodology on how you can integrate clinically proven stress reduction techniques into your drum circle or as a stand alone program.
LEARN VALUABLE SKILLS FOR YOUR PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL LIFE
- How to create fail-proof events for you and your participants
- How to a create transformational event
- How to inspire collaboration in your circle
- How to lessen and eliminate resistance from your groups
- How to create an infinite source of drum circle starter beats with “Rhythm Seeds”
- Social drum circle games for all ages
- How to integrate percussion and budget friendly instruments
- How to lead and shape drum circle music
- How to gain confidence leading and speaking with groups
- How to gain the trust of your group
- How to use drumming & sound for wellness and stress relief
- How to design your own effective drum circle programs
How to Participate
When & Where
The PASIC Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop will take place on Sunday, November 14 from 9 AM – 2 PM at the Indiana Convention Center, room to be confirmed.
The Sunday Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop is FREE for all PASIC registrants and to the public! However, a registration is still required in order to participate. For those already purchasing a 4-Day or 1-Day Badge, simply select the Drum Circle Facilitation option upon checkout. If you did not register for the Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop upon checkout, or if you are not attending PASIC, you may still register for the Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop below.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to attend the Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop, you must be able to verify that you are, or will be, fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to attending on November 14, 2021, in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from receiving the vaccination, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance with proof of your exemption. No one will be admitted to the Drum Circle Facilitation Workshop without being vaccinated or submitting advance proof of exemption.