The DrumLine Battle will take place during PASIC
on Friday, November 15, 2019!
ABOUT DRUMLINE BATTLE
DrumLine Battle™ events showcase marching percussion ensembles of any instrumentation and any skill level year-round, spotlighting their unique talents and creativity in a high energy face-to-face competition.
DrumLine Battle Ensemble participants are NOT required to be PAS members.
- Deposit Fee: $100. Includes up to 10 ensemble members. Directors are free.
- Final Payment: $10 per additional student.
- Registration for the DrumLine Battle includes a Friday, One-Day Pass for all ensemble participants and director.
- Registered ensembles already participating in the Marching Festival Interactive Clinic may compete in the DrumLine Battle for no additional fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included.
Independent Groups, Drum Corps Ensembles, High School, and University Ensembles are welcome to compete.
COPYRIGHT CLEARENCE / PERMISSION TO ARRANGE
PAS requires all individuals and ensembles to document copyright law compliance. Please complete the Copyright Clearance form including the composer, arranger, and copyright owner for each selection to be performed, even if you own the copyright. If you are performing an arrangement of a copyrighted work, submit the Request for Permission to Arrange form to the copyright holder. Please note that the copyright holder is not always the composer of the work. Arranging permission is NOT required for any performance cuts that are made for timing considerations. Completed forms must be submitted to PAS no later than October 1, 2019. Without this documentation on file, individuals will not be allowed to perform at PASIC.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Simply prepare a 1.5-2.0 minute marching percussion drum solo (battery only). Add some visuals, stunts and stick tricks and you’re good to go! It’s that easy and it’s a lot of fun. You can use material from your winter line, fall show or something produced just for this event.
- Battles are staged head-to-head against other drumlines in a bracketed tournament format.
- Each team will perform a 1.5 to 2.0 minute solo facing the other team in their own 12 meter x 12 meter battle zone, separated by a 2 meter wide neutral zone.
- Each group gets an initial 90 second to 2 minute performance, then they will do a second performance (the rebuttal), so it will go Group A – Group B – Group A (rebuttal) – Group B (rebuttal).
- Use of any electronics is not allowed. Any group using electronics will be disqualified from the DrumLine Battle.
- The judges will select a winner as soon as a round is over and continue doing so throughout the DrumLine Battle. Judges will consider but not limit their decisions based on: drumming skills, movement (drill and choreography), visuals, stick tricks, and overall showmanship.
Deposit is non-refundable. Please note: Ensembles that are not accepted to perform in the competition will be refunded all participation fees, including deposit. A service fee of $25 will be charged for any returned checks.
After receiving you registration confirmation email, complete your copyright.arrangement forms. Final payment and completed forms must be submitted to Percussive Arts Society no later than October 1, 2019.