The DrumLine Battle will take place during PASIC!
ABOUT DRUMLINE BATTLE
DrumLine Battle™ events showcase marching percussion ensembles of any instrumentation and any skill level year-round, spotlighting their unique talents and creativity in a high energy face-to-face competition.
REGISTRATION OPENS SPRING 2020
- Deposit Fee: $100. Includes up to 10 ensemble members. Directors are free.
- Final Payment: $10 per additional student.
- Registration for the DrumLine Battle includes a Friday, One-Day Pass for all ensemble participants and director.
COPYRIGHT CLEARANCE / PERMISSION TO ARRANGE
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Battles are staged head-to-head against other drumlines in a bracketed tournament format.
- Each team will perform a 1.5 to 2.0 minute solo facing the other team in their own 12 meter x 12 meter battle zone, separated by a 2 meter wide neutral zone.
- Each group gets an initial 90 second to 2 minute performance, then they will do a second performance (the rebuttal), so it will go Group A – Group B – Group A (rebuttal) – Group B (rebuttal).
- Use of any electronics is not allowed. Any group using electronics will be disqualified from the DrumLine Battle.
- The judges will select a winner as soon as a round is over and continue doing so throughout the DrumLine Battle. Judges will consider but not limit their decisions based on: drumming skills, movement (drill and choreography), visuals, stick tricks, and overall showmanship.
Deposit is non-refundable. Please note: Ensembles that are not accepted to perform in the competition will be refunded all participation fees, including deposit. A service fee of $25 will be charged for any returned checks.
After receiving your registration confirmation email, complete your Copyright Clearance and Permission to Arrange forms. Final payment and completed forms must be submitted to Percussive Arts Society no later than October 1, 2020.