Scholarships / GrantsPASIC17 ● Indianapolis, IN ● November 8–11, 2017
PASIC 2017 Scholarships
The Percussive Arts Society is pleased to announce several scholarships assisting students to attend PASIC 2017. Scholarship winners will receive:
– Individual PASIC17 registration
– PASIC17 Souvenir T-shirt
– $500 award for travel/lodging/food assistance
*Chapter PASIC scholarships are currently available in California, Texas and Canada. PAS also awards International PASIC scholarships, specifically for students from outside the US. Additional scholarships may be available. Contact your chapter for additional information.
Available PASIC17 Scholarships:
Avedis Zildjian PASIC Scholarship
Cloyd Duff PASIC Scholarship
Ed Shaughnessy PASIC Scholarship
George P Contreras, Jr. PASIC Scholarship
Jack McKenzie PASIC Scholarship
James A. Sewrey PASIC Scholarship
Ludwig Industries PASIC Scholarship
Remo, Inc. PASIC Scholarship
Steve Ettleson PASIC Scholarship
Thomas Siwe PASIC Scholarship (2 scholarships awarded)
Val and Venus Eddy PASIC Scholarship
William F. Ludwig, Jr. PASIC Scholarship
Jim Coffin PASIC Scholarship
- Applicant must be a full-time student and an active individual PAS member at the VIP or All Access level, or part of an active Group Membership, at time of application. If selected, membership must be active through PASIC 2017. Scholarship winners are required to write a post-PASIC review/blog.
- All applicants must submit a completed application, a letter of recommendation verifying age and full-time student status, a recent copy of grade transcripts or latest grade card, and a four to five minute video of you performing a percussion solo, or as a featured ensemble performer. In addition, applicants must supply a file detailing awards, scholarships, etc., and dates received; goals; major instruments (instruments that you have or are seriously studying); and a personal statement (optional).
Deadline for submissions: June 15th, 2017
PASIC International Scholarship
The PASIC International Scholarship is given to one or two recipients from outside of the United States to attend PASIC (cost of conference included), pay for flights from the recipient’s home country, a small per diem for food, hotel and visa/passport fees. It is the responsibility of the recipient for any costs incurred over what is provided by the scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a University of College Music Program or active percussionist/drummer.
- Applicant must be 18–26 years old and must be a current subscriber to PAS at the Guest Pass level or higher. Click HERE to Join PAS today!
- Applicant must also have a current passport and visa (if necessary).
- This scholarship is not available to continental U.S. Residents (including Hawaii and Alaska), but is available to residents of U.S. territories.
- Each winning recipient must become a PAS Student Delegate for your chapter for one year (or help start a PAS Chapter in your home country if there isn’t one).
- Each recipient must also attend the International Committee Meeting at PASIC and become an active student member for one year.
- All applicants must submit a completed application and an essay. Applicants may also choose to provide a personal website or music host (such as SoundCloud) and a 3–5 minute performance video.
Deadline for submissions: May 15th, 2017
Selections will be made by the PASIC International Scholarship Committee on June 1, 2017.
Remo, Inc./Arthur Hull PASIC Scholarship
This annual scholarship for experienced rhythm facilitators is meant to defray the costs of attending PASIC for the purposes of expanding their involvement in the Percussive Arts Society in general, and contributing their expertise to the general body of knowledge for the benefit of PAS members. Applicants must be well-trained, experienced facilitators, who use rhythm facilitation as a primary tool, whether within their work in an institutional setting (education, healthcare, etc.), or as an independent professional. Please note that this scholarship may not be combined with other financial support from Remo, Inc.
Three prizes of $500.00 each, plus complimentary registration to PASIC, will be awarded each year.
- This annual scholarship for experienced rhythm facilitators is meant to defray the costs of attending PASIC for the purposes of expanding their involvement in the Percussive Arts Society in general, and contributing their expertise to the general body of knowledge for the benefit of PAS members.
- Applicants must be well-trained, experienced facilitators, who use rhythm facilitation as a primary tool for their work, whether within their work in an institutional setting (education, healthcare, etc.), or as an independent professional.
- All applicants must submit the following materials:
1) An unedited video consisting of facilitation sequence with any population and for any outcome appropriate for that population. The applicant must be visible throughout the facilitated activity.
2) Applicants must submit a C.V. listing trainings and work experience.
Deadline for submissions: June 15th, 2017
Winners will be announced no later than August 1, 2017.