Scholarships / Grants
PASIC 2019 Scholarships
2019 Scholarship Applications open May 2019
PLEASE NOTE: There is only ONE official application form
for all of the PASIC 2019 Corporate, Individual, and Chapter Scholarships listed below.
The Percussive Arts Society is now taking applications for several scholarships that will assist students
in attending PASIC 2019 in Indianapolis, IN! November 13-16.
Scholarship winners will receive:
– Individual PASIC 2019 registration
– PASIC 2019 Souvenir T-shirt
– $500 award for travel/lodging/food assistance
- Applicant must be a full-time student and an active individual PAS member at the VIP or All Access level, International member, or part of an active Group Membership, at time of application. If selected, membership must be active through PASIC 2019. Scholarship winners are required to participate in a short interview during PASIC.
- 2019 Application Materials – TBD
Corporate PASIC Scholarships
The following companies have recognized the value of PASIC and have established scholarship funds in order to assist individuals in attending PASIC at little or no cost.
Individual PASIC Scholarships
The following named scholarships have been established to honor the individuals, past and present, who recognize the value of PAS and PASIC. These funds are awarded every year to assist individuals in attending PASIC.
Val and Venus Eddy
William F. Ludwig, Jr.
Jack H. McKenzie
James A. Sewrey
George P. Contreras, Jr.
Chapter PASIC Scholarships
The following named scholarships have been established by PAS Chapters to assist individuals in attending PASIC. Additional scholarships may be available. Contact your local chapter for additional information.
PASIC International Scholarship
The PASIC International Scholarship is given to one or two recipients from outside of the United States to attend PASIC (cost of conference included), pay for flights from the recipient’s home country, a small per diem for food, hotel and visa/passport fees. It is the responsibility of the recipient for any costs incurred over what is provided by the scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a University of College Music Program or active percussionist/drummer.
- Applicant must be 18–26 years old and must be a current PAS Member at the International Pass level or higher. Click HERE to Join PAS Today!
- Applicant must also have a current passport and visa (if necessary).
- This scholarship is not available to continental U.S. Residents (including Hawaii and Alaska), but is available to residents of U.S. territories.
- Each winning recipient must become a PAS Student Delegate for your chapter for one year (or help start a PAS Chapter in your home country if there isn’t one).
- Each recipient must also attend the International Committee Meeting at PASIC and become an active student member for one year.
- All applicants must submit a completed application and an essay. Applicants may also choose to provide a personal website or music host (such as SoundCloud) and a 3–5 minute performance video.
The 2018 application period has closed.
SABIAN Ltd. works in conjunction with PAS to offer a PASIC scholarship to residents of Canada. To be eligible, an applicant must be a Canadian, full-time university undergraduate (Percussion Major).
The scholarship recipient will receive transportation to the convention city, four nights hotel accommodation, PASIC Registration, PASIC souvenir T-Shirt and, a one year PAS Membership. Scholarship will not exceed $1,500 CDN.
Remo/Arthur Hull PASIC Scholarship
This annual scholarship for experienced rhythm facilitators is meant to defray the costs of attending PASIC for the purposes of expanding their involvement in the Percussive Arts Society in general, and contributing their expertise to the general body of knowledge for the benefit of PAS members.
- Applicants must be well-trained, experienced facilitators, who use rhythm facilitation as a primary tool for their work, whether within their work in an institutional setting (education, healthcare, etc.), or as an independent professional.
- An unedited video consisting of facilitation sequence with any population and for any outcome appropriate for that population. The applicant must be visible throughout the facilitated activity.
- Applicants must submit a C.V. listing trainings and work experience.