Q: What is the PASIC Sound Policy?
PAS has a strict Sound Policy during the convention. Please be considerate of others and adhere to the following rules:
- Instruments are not to be played for more than 60 seconds continuously.
- Volume level must be moderate (mf) or lower.
- Performances and rehearsals in exhibitor booths are strictly prohibited.
Failure to adhere strictly to this policy will result in the following:
- Warning. Offender’s Badge will be punched.
- 24-Hour Expulsion from the Exhibit Hall. Offender’s Badge will be punched a second time.
- Expulsion from the Exhibit Hall for the entire convention. Offender’s Badge will be punched a third time.
- Failure to cooperate with security will result in permanent expulsion from the entire convention and possibly future Percussive Arts Society events. All decisions by security staff are final. No refunds will be issued.
The above stated sound policy will be enforced and supported by the following measures:
- Sound monitors will be on duty in the exhibit hall during exhibition hours.
- Announcements in regard to the sound policy will be broadcast over the public address system in the exhibit hall at regular intervals.
Additional measures include:
- Sound monitors will be clearly identifiable with uniformed clothing.
- Sound monitors will be equipped with decibel meters and radios.
- Information about the sound policy will be disseminated to all exhibitors prior to the convention.
- Exhibitors that use amplification in their booth, including amplified TV monitors, are required to use headphones.
It is the intention of the Percussive Arts Society to find a balance with all exhibitors to allow the best possible experience for the largest amount of attendees. With everyone’s cooperation we can enjoy an environment that is acceptable for all and does not require punitive action by the Society against its members, either sustaining or individual. Thank you for your support and effort to make PASIC another success.
Q: Do I have to be a member of PAS to attend PASIC?
Those who wish to participate as part of the Marching Festival events, except DrumLine Battle, require VIP, All Access, or Group Membership.
Tickets for individual sessions and concerts are available for purchase, along with entrance to the International Drum and Percussion Expo, and membership is not required for those individual purchases.
Q: How do I register for PASIC?
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
Q: Do I have to register ahead of time?
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
Refunds are available prior to October 1, with a cancellation fee of $50. There are NO refunds for cancellations that occur after October 1 (this includes individuals who are offered badges from exhibitors). If you wish to cancel your registration, please call the PAS office at 317-974-4488.
*There are NO refunds on 60th Anniversary pricing.
Q: Does PAS offer professional development credit hours for attending PASIC?
All sessions may be considered for professional development credit. Individual states vary. After attending your last session, please go to the PAS Show Office to receive an authorizing signature and seal.
Q: What do I do if I lose my badge?
Q: How many people will be at PASIC?
Q: Can I take pictures/video/recordings at PASIC events?
Q: Are committee meetings open to all PAS members?
Q: I would like to help out at PASIC. What are my options?
If you are an active member of PAS, the Logistics Team allows you to help out at PASIC, receive a free t-shirt, attend for free, and have the chance to win prizes at the end of the convention. For more information on the Logistics Team click here.
Those who aren’t members of PAS are encouraged to join our Volunteers Crew. These individuals will also receive a free t-shirt, along with free admission to PASIC.
Q: When is the schedule for PASIC available?
While the dates for each year’s PASIC are usually available a few years ahead of the event, the lineup of concerts and clinics are posted in late August. However, the schedule is always subject to change. Be sure to download the Attendify app for the most up-to-date scheduling info. There will also be a schedule available in the PASIC program, and on the printable grids, which will be available for download on the PASIC webpage.
Q: Where are all the events held?
The location of all the events and meetings vary from year to year, depending on the city where PASIC is being held. Details on which rooms the various clinics, concerts, competitions and meetings will be held in are available in the PASIC Guidebook app, the PASIC Program, and the PASIC grids. PASIC 2021 will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Indiana Convention Center.