Want to compete at PASIC 2021?
The Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition provides a competitive avenue for collegiate and high school-level small percussion ensembles.
Ensembles are divided into High School and University divisions, with High School ensembles performing in the morning, and University groups performing in the afternoon. Each ensemble must consist of 3–8 performers. The competition will be held in one of our clinic/concert rooms, featuring theater-style seating.
All ensemble members must be current members of the Percussive Arts Society at the VIP, All Access, or International individual level, or part of an active Group Membership, through November 30, 2021. It is the Director’s responsibility to verify all ensemble participants are active PAS Members prior to submitting the roster. Participating students can join PAS, or renew their membership here.
- Directors must be a current PAS member at the VIP, All Access, or International individual level, or the director of a school Group Membership, through November 30, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to attend PASIC 2021, you must be able to verify that you are, or will be, fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to attending PASIC, November 10-13, 2021, in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from receiving the vaccination, you will need to email email@example.com in advance with proof of your exemption. No one will be able to receive their PASIC badge or wristband without being vaccinated or submitting advance proof of exemption.
The $100 registration fee must accompany each ensemble entry. This fee guarantees your participation in the competition.
Option 1 — $30/student/director: includes a Single-day Badge for Friday, which students and the director can use to attend all PASIC activities for the day (Nov. 12, 2021).
Option 2 — $60/student/director: includes a Four-day Badge, which students and the director can use to attend all PASIC activities for the duration of PASIC (Nov. 10–13, 2021).
The balance of the ensemble registration fee is due October 1, 2021.
The $100 registration fee due with application is non-refundable. A service charge of $25 will be charged for any returned checks.
COPYRIGHT CLEARANCE / PERMISSION TO ARRANGE
The Percussive Arts Society requires all ensembles to document copyright law compliance. Please complete the Copyright Clearance form including the composer, arranger, and copyright owner for each selection to be performed, even if you own the copyright. If you are performing an arrangement of a copyrighted work, submit the Request for Permission to Arrange form to the copyright holder. Please note that the copyright holder is not always the composer of the work. Completed forms must be submitted to Percussive Arts Society no later than October 1, 2021. Without this documentation on file, ensembles will not be allowed to perform at PASIC.
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
- Entries must include completed Registration Form and payment. Entries will be accepted in the order they are received. If applications are received on the same day, performance order will be determined by a random draw at the PAS office.
- Space is limited to one ensemble per school until September 1. After this date, a school may apply for additional ensembles to compete, if space is available. A category must have at least two ensembles to be considered a competition. If there is only one ensemble in a given category, that group may perform in exhibition for comments only.
- All registration forms and documentation must be received by the Percussive Arts Society on or before October 1, 2021. The complete schedule for the Concert Chamber Ensemble Competition will be posted on the PASIC website by the end of October.
ENTRY LIMITS AND INSTRUMENTATION
- 32 TOTAL ensembles
- Each ensemble is responsible for providing their own equipment. PAS does not provide storage for instruments.
- Participating ensembles must have no less than 3 and no more than 8 players. This competition EXCLUDES contemporary marching percussion instrument ensembles, such as cymbal, bass drum, marching snare, and multi-tenor ensembles.
- The use of electronics is allowed. PAS will provide speakers for the competition room, should the ensemble choose to use them. The ensemble is responsible for playback device(s) (computer, interface, patch cables, etc.), set up, and testing of playback device(s) in the allotted set up time. Model specific information of the speakers will be available to the ensemble in the ensemble’s PASIC competition packet.
Before registering for the Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition, please review the full set of guidelines found here.
PAS requires all individuals and ensembles to document copyright law compliance. Please complete the Copyright Clearance form including the composer, arranger, and copyright owner for each selection to be performed, even if you own the copyright. If you are performing an arrangement of a copyrighted work, submit the Request for Permission to Arrange form to the copyright holder. Please note that the copyright holder is not always the composer of the work. Arranging permission is NOT required for any performance cuts that are made for timing considerations. Completed forms must be submitted to PAS no later than October 1, 2021. Without this documentation on file, individuals will not be allowed to perform at PASIC.